Hill's™ PRESCRIPTION DIET™ Metabolic Weight Loss & Maintenance Dry Dog Food with Chicken
Delivery See details
Light (usually non-food) orders under £39 are charged £2.99 postage. Heavy (typically food) orders under £39 are charged £4.49 postage.
For Light items (under 2kg) our standard method is Royal Mail 2nd Class Tracked (there are a few exceptions, so if in doubt check our Delivery page).
To get it faster you can upgrade Light items to Royal Mail 1st Class Tracked or a Guaranteed Courier service, Saturday Courier or even before 12 noon services where available. There's a small fee, but if you're in a hurry they are worth considering. To ensure you receive your items as quickly as possible, please place your order before 12 Noon Monday to Thursday as there is no standard Saturday courier delivery.
Heavy items weighing 2kg and more are sent via courier. Heavy items ordered after 12 Noon Friday, or anytime Saturday and Sunday will be processed as soon as possible during working days.
Please note that if you are purchasing a mix of Light and Heavy items at the same time, these will be sent separately. The Heavy items being sent by Courier, the Light items by Royal Mail 2nd Class Tracked.
All exceptions to these guidelines are noted in the product description.
For more information, view our Delivery page.
- Product Details
Please take note of the following guidelines:
1. Veterinary food should only be fed after consulting with your pet’s veterinarian.
2. While feeding a veterinary food, you should consult your veterinarian regularly (every 6 months) regarding the usage of this food.
3. If your pet’s health deteriorates, seek veterinary advice immediately.
4. By adding selected veterinary food to the shopping cart, you confirm that your pet was examined by a veterinarian who recommended using this specific veterinary food based on their diagnosis and that you have read and understood the above instructions.
Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with the family as the extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog. Maintaining an ideal weight can help impact life expectancy by reducing the risk of weight-related conditions.
Hill's™ nutritionists & veterinarians developed PRESCRIPTION DIET™ Metabolic Weight Loss & Maintenance Dry Dog Food especially to help dogs lose weight and keep the lost weight off. This food naturally works with your dog's unique energy use for easy and effective weight loss. This food stimulates dogs' natural ability to burn fat and provides energy for active play. Its unique fibre blend helps keep dogs feeling full and satisfied. In fact, 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic* Data on file, Hill's™ Pet Nutrition, Inc.
- Weight loss
- Weight maintenance (obese, prone or post weight loss)
- Diabetes in obese dogs
- Cushing's syndrome
Not recommended for:
- Growing puppies
- Pregnant or nursing dogs
Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET Metabolic Weight Loss & Maintenance Dry Dog Food with Chicken is available in the following sizes:
- 1.5kg Bag
- 4kg Bag
- 12kg Bag
- 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months
- Helps keep lost weight off and provides energy for active play
- Easy weight loss: dogs lose weight without excessively reducing portion sizes
- Unique blend of fibre helps keep dogs feeling full and satisfied
- Supports dogs' natural ability to burn fat
Product CompositionCereals, derivatives of vegetable origin, meat and animal derivatives (chicken 8%), vegetable protein extracts, vegetables, oils and fats, seeds, minerals
Exclusively feed the recommended PRESCRIPTION DIET™ food. Before use ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet.
Please see package for complete feeding instructions. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. If unsure, ask your veterinarian.
New to this food? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food for 7 days or more.
Your pet's nutritional needs may change as they age. Ask your vet at every checkup.
Fresh water should be available at all times.