Cystaid plus is a complementary feed for cats suffering from feline idiopathic cystitis.
Cystaid plus has been recommended by veterinary specialists as a urinary supplement for cats.
Each capsule contains:
125 mg N-Acetyl D-Glucosamine.
20mg Quercetin dihydrate
N-Acetyl D-Glucosamine (NAG):
-supports the normal structure of the bladder lining
-Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) make up the protective layer in the lining of the bladder and NAG is a building block for these.
-Cats that are prone to, or are currently experiencing, cystitis have less GAG in their bladder walls than normal cats.
- Has been shown to regulate inflammation and help to support stress coping mechanisms.
-An amino acid found in green tea with natural calming properties
-has been shown to reduce stress behaviours in cats.
Capsule can be opened and mixed with food or given whole. Initially give 2 capsules per day (1 morning, 1 evening) for 3-4 weeks. 1 capsule per day to be given long term.
(Please note: Cystaid Plus replaces Cystaid which was previously available).
This is a PRESCRIPTION ONLY product. We will need to see a prescription
before any items purchased can be dispatched. Please read the following information
carefully before you order any prescription items (POM-V).
Prescription Only products are identified in the products listing with the following image:
These items can be added to your shopping cart
as usual, and we will debit the total cost of your cart from your bank
account using your details. However, if you have any products in your
cart that require a prescription we CANNOT dispatch your ordered items
to you until we receive a prescription signed by your Veterinary
Surgeon. Once we receive this prescription, we will despatch your
products to you as soon as possible.
print off a Prescription Form to have your vet fill out by clicking here, but we also accept standard Veterinary prescription forms as well.
The prescription form must clearly state the owner’s and pet’s details,
what drugs are authorised for the prescription, what quantity of drugs
are authorised, how many repeats are authorised and the vet’s signature
must also be valid.
Once your vet has completed and signed the
prescription, please attach it to your order confirmation and send it
to us by one of the methods listed below so that we can dispatch your
Please note that we will verify the authenticity of any
prescription received with the prescribing Veterinary Surgeon. It is
an offence to forge or alter a Veterinary Prescription and any cases
shall be reported to the Veterinary Medicine’s Directorate. We have a
zero tolerance policy for forged or altered prescriptions and anyone
found to be using such a prescription will have their account with us
was introduced in October 2005 that specified that veterinary surgeons
must provide prescriptions if requested to do so as an alternative to
supplying medicines directly from your veterinary surgery. Your
veterinary surgeon is not allowed to discriminate between clients asking
for prescriptions and those who don't. Veterinary surgeons are able to
charge a nominal fee for writing the prescription. This charge varies
but the average is between £6.00 - £8.00.
long term medication, it is cost effective to ask your vet for a repeat
prescription. This can be used as many times as the prescription
states, without the need to revisit your veterinary surgeon. Repeat
prescriptions may be for up to 12 months’ worth of medication (usually
only for flea and worm products), however for most medications 6 months
is the appropriate length. It can however be restricted or extended to
what your vet feels is appropriate. There are exceptions to the rule
where they are valid for a shorter period of 28 days depending on the
Please note that
prescriptions are only valid for 6 months from date of issue i.e. you
must start having your prescription filled within 6 months of
prescription being issued. A handful of medicines (e.g. Epiphen) are
classified as Scheduled Drugs and in these cases the prescription must
be filled with 28 days of the date of signing and we must have the
original prescription posted to us before dispatch of order.
vets will write a repeat prescription if requested. The prescription
will usually last between consultations. The prescription may hold a
high quantity of medication, or may state 'Repeat x times' or 'repeat
until .....'. If the prescription states 'Repeat' but does not specify
how many times, we can only repeat it once. If you have a repeat
prescription you can order as and when you need the medication until you
have reached the total allowance.
At Pet Drugs
Online, we support repeat prescriptions. Once you have placed an order
with us for a prescription product and we have received your signed
prescription, we will log the prescription against your account. Your
vet will specify how many times your prescription can be used. They may
state the prescription is Single Use Only in which case we can only
provide the total quantity once and then you will need to provide a new
You can view your prescriptions from the My Account section of the website after you have logged in.
Once you have your signed prescription, please post it to us along with your order number to:
Pet Drugs Online
Unit 8, Roman Way,
Bath Business Park,
Peasedown St. John,
Bath, BA2 8SG
you can send your prescription by fax or by email:
Fax: 01225 580077
Tel: 0844 800 6742
(Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm, Sat 9am-2pm)
As animal lovers, our first concern is your pet’s health, so please don’t leave your order to the last minute, especially if you are running low on important medication. We always recommend you place your order as soon as possible to ensure there is sufficient time for your order to be processed, packed, dispatched – typically 24 hours (Monday - Friday) - plus the delivery time for the shipping method selected
(see below for average shipping times).
Processing, Packing & Dispatch
Please generally allow up to 24 hours (Monday – Friday) to process, pack and despatch your order from our warehouse. Orders are dispatched Monday to Saturday (excluding bank/public holidays).
We offer a number of shipping methods and time-scales, including Courier Next Day Delivery for urgent items. Please note that these time-scales are approximate guidelines only, and do not include the additional 24 hours (Monday-Friday) required for processing, packing and dispatching orders from our warehouse.
• Royal Mail Second Class
– approx. 3-5 working days.
• Royal Mail First Class
– approx. 1-3 working days.
• Courier Next Day Delivery
– next working day (Monday to Friday) - for orders placed before 12pm Monday to Friday and 11am on a Saturday - required for all refrigerated products.*
– usually 1-2 working days.
– European orders are usually 7-10 working days. Please note that we do not ship outside of Europe.
Shipping Locations & Prices
We split our deliveries into three categories: 1) UK Mainland, 2) UK Highlands & Islands & 3) Overseas (Europe). The location you select as your delivery address and the weight and value of the items ordered determines what options and prices you will be offered when checking out. ALL orders below £20.00 in value are subject to a £2.50 handling fee. Please see our Delivery page
for more detailed information on our shipping options, weights and prices.
*Shipping of refrigerated products
- please note that all products that require refrigeration must be sent via Courier Next Day Delivery (£5.95 charge) to ensure that they arrive in optimum condition and cannot be sent internationally. Orders for Refrigerated Items placed AFTER 12pm on Thursday will be dispatched on the following Monday - as items dispatched on a Friday would not be delivered until Monday, and their temperature cannot be regulated for this length of time.All refrigerated items are sent with cold packs to ensure maintenance of temperature for the 24 hour delivery period. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for the package and that the contents are placed in a fridge immediately after receiving the parcel. We cannot take any responsibility for the contents of the package after the allotted 24 hour delivery period (e.g. if no one is available to sign for the parcel at delivery and the item is sent to the local delivery office) we are not liable for the cost of a replacement order. If a method of dispatch OTHER that the Next Day option is selected as the delivery method for refrigerated items, we cannot be held responsible for their condition.
What to do if your item does not arrive within expected time-scales
The vast majority of our orders will arrive within the time-scales listed above once they have left our warehouse. However if you order has not been delivered within these expected time-frames after it has been despatched we ask that you please first check with your local post office and follow the guidelines below:
Less than 4-5 working days after your order was processed
Please keep waiting for your order to arrive as it is most likely still in transit and may have been held up by an incomplete address, missing postcode or circumstances out of our control such as adverse weather conditions or strike action.
5-10 working days after your order was processed
Your mail is now officially delayed and our advice is to check with neighbours that could have taken in the parcel on your behalf. If your item requires a signature and no-one is available to sign for it, the postman or courier will take your item back to your local delivery office. The postman should leave you a card to inform you of this.
15 working days after your order was processed
Once 15 working days have passed since despatch, Royal Mail class your item as lost and we are then able to send out a replacement or to give you a full refund. Please send us an email complete with your order reference number and confirming that you have never received the item. We will then take up this issue with the Royal Mail for compensation and your letter will be used as evidence. We cannot refund or replace items that the Royal Mail has lost until 15 working days have passed.
Please ensure your delivery address is correct when placing an order. If you require a signature, we advise you choose a delivery address where someone is guaranteed to be in to sign for your order, such as your work address. We cannot take responsibility for undelivered items caused by incorrect address details.
We are not able to allow return of veterinary medicinal products because:
a. We believe it is wrong and dangerous to send out stock which has been returned by another pet owner. These items could have been stored incorrectly or worse tampered with.
b. As a licensed supplier of veterinary medications we are not allowed to. The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Medicines Directorate govern this.
c. As a business we do all that we can to bring low cost vet products to our customers - we cannot afford to give refunds where we have to dispose of the products. As a result, we advise that customers only order the medication they require, in case their pet’s medication needs change.
We believe that all our items are of the highest quality and we endeavour to provide you with the best possible service. If you are not satisfied with our goods for any reason, you should notify Pet Drugs Online by telephone or email within 7 working days of receiving the goods and our customer service team will then be able to assist you.
Returns procedure for non-medication items
1. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to cancel the order.
2. Return items using the address on the invoice received with the delivery. Please ensure you provide us with your name and contact details. In order to receive a refund the items must be unopened and unused, in original packaging and returned to us within 7 working days of date of receipt.
3. We will contact you with details of your refund, once we receive and process the returned item. We will not compensate you for return postage unless the order is being returned due to our error.
4. You will receive a refund for the order cost in full. Please allow 10 days for the money to reach your account. If your refund has not arrived after this time please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help.
5. Genuinely faulty goods will be credited by refunding the amount paid for the item in full and return P&P. This does not affect your statutory rights.
6. Please note that when returning an item the parcel is your responsibility until it reaches us, so we recommend that you send it by recorded post.